Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - June 15, 2010


Teaser Tuesdays (TT) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 My teasers for this Tuesday:
After she and Juan married and began to have kids he took a job as a toquero  in Saginaw. He drove truckloads of fruit and vegetables from the farms to the distributors, and his easy translations between English and Spanish, along with his affable manner, made him an ideal go-between to negotiate wages and terms.

- p. 166, Stealing Buddha's Dinner - a memoir by Bich Minh Nguyen

I started reading this book last night and am on p. 34 out of a total of 256 pages. Hopefully I should finish this book over the next couple of days...

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The quote and the cover have piqued my interest. I bet this book's good!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Love, love, love that cover! Makes me want to stick my hand in a candy dish, though. Great pulled quote, too. And I believe I have a novel by that author in my TBR stack?

Post a Comment