Friday, July 02, 2010

Monthly Round-Up : June 2010

I picked up the idea for this post from Beth's blog, I felt it's a good idea to look back and see what all books I have read and managed to review over the past month... 

Firstly, my apologies for not being very active in my blog over the last couple of weeks, its been crazy busy on the home-front and I couldn't get any reviews posted, but well I still managed to squeeze in some reading this last week...

Books I read & reviewed: (My rating for each of the books are listed in the parentheses)
          ( )
          ( )

Books read but not yet reviewed: (I plan to review these books this month for sure!!)
  1. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
  2. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
  3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  4. The Weight of Heaven by Thirty Umrigar
  5. The Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
  6. Stealing Buddha's Dinner by Bich Minh Nguyen
Currently Reading:
  • Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
  • In the Convent of Little Flowers by Indu Sundaresan
I have to say, the books I picked up in June were all good ones and I loved most of them, I guess the reason for that is 'coz all the books were picked up based on recommendations from fellow bloggers and friends... :-)

I am looking forward to getting a lot of reading done in July as I have a bunch of books which I picked up from my local library sale and also have another bunch of books that I won in giveaways... :-)

So what books did you read in June??? and what do you have planned for July?? Lemme know...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about not blogging. Real life comes first, and we'll be hear when you get back.

I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Help. I have the book and hope to read it at some point this summer.

bermudaonion said...

It looks like you had a great month in books!

Booksnyc said...

I really like your selection of books this month!

Arch said...

@ Diary of an eccentric: Thanks for the comment... that was really comforting.. I have been reading books at a good pace but somehow I just can't get myself to sit and write reviews at the same frequency...I gotto work on that..!!

@ bermudaonion & Booksnyc: thank you for visiting my blog and encouraging me with your comments...June sure has been a great reading month and so far July is also turning out to be good... like I had mentioned, up-till now most of the books that I have requested in my library have been recommendations from friends and family, and I am enjoying reading them... :)

Post a Comment